One of the aims of SER Europe is to disseminate knowledge on ecological restoration in Europe to practitioners, policy people, stakeholders and scientists. With our Knowledge Base we want to provide a web-based tool for the restoration community to share knowledge, best practice experience, interesting case studies and so on. Our Knowledge Base is officially registered with an International Standard Serial Number: ISSN 2295-5704. All content of the SER Europe Knowledge Base is available for web search engines, providing maximal on-line visibility of your work. Additionally, we offer our own search menu to consult solely the SER Europe Knowledge Base.
After clicking here or on the title above, you will find a menu to search our Knowledge Base for any key word, such as habitat or vegetation type, habitat code under the European Habitat Directive, species name, degradation source, restoration measure or technique, author, country and so on. You can search whole documents or particular parts of documents (such as title, author, abstract, key words, main content body).
The majority of the information is provided by short papers (max. 4 pages), produced as proceedings of the SER Europe Conferences, and made available here for a wider audience in pdf format. The individual authors are responsible for the content of their contribution. Please, when consulting our Knowledge Base, also bear in mind that conclusions or results for one area or case cannot always be translated automatically to other areas without further investigation or expert confirmation. Our tool can provide you with the coordinates of experts in your country or suggestions for further reading.
Share your knowledge
If you are interested to share your experience or results with others as well, we kindly invite you to submit a short paper to firstname.lastname@example.org. You will find all the guidelines here.
If you are looking for specific information on ecological restoration, you may also be interested to have a look at:
- the database of the ‘Life Program’ of the EU Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/life/project/Projects/index.cfm
- the Knowledge Base on the Natura 2000 Communication Platform of the EU Commission: http://ec.europa.eu/environment/nature/natura2000/platform/knowledge_exchange/28_document_library_en.htm
- Catalogue of BISE (Biodiversity Information System for Europe): http://biodiversity.europa.eu/bise-catalogue
- the ‘Conservation Evidence’ Knowledge Base: http://www.conservationevidence.com
- the website of the ‘European Centre for River Restoration’: http://www.ecrr.org/projects-river-restoration.html
- for ecological restoration outside Europe, try the ‘Global Restoration Network’ of SER International: http://www.globalrestorationnetwork.org/database/
- Quarry restoration award projects: http://www.quarrylifeaward.com/archive
Please, refer to contributions in the SER Europe Knowledge Base as follows.
For extended abstracts of SER Europe Conferences (example):
Author (2010). Title. Extended abstract 7th European Conference on Ecological Restoration, Avignon, France. SER Europe Knowledge Base (www.ser.org/europe), 4pp. ISSN2295-5704
For all other contributions (example):
Author (2010). Title. SER Europe Knowledge Base (www.ser.org/europe), 4pp. ISSN2295-5704