Student Research Grants
SERNW is offering three grants of up to $1,500 to support student research intended to improve restoration of natural systems (e.g. forests, wetlands, shrub-steppe) within the Pacific Northwest eco-region (WA, OR, MT, ID, Northern CA, AL). Preference will be given to applications from student members of SERNW or a SER Student Chapter. Social or natural science graduate students and upper-level undergraduate students are encouraged to apply. Proposals must be submitted electronically by 1 April 2018 (11:59 PM PST) and should include:
- A cover page including project title, name, current mailing address where a check can be mailed, e-mail address, study system and location, college or institution, SER membership status, and dollar amount requested.
- The research proposal including abstract (<250 words), introduction with research questions and objectives, methods, expected results, project significance, and literature cited. Tables and figures should be embedded in the text. Page limit of 3-4 single-spaced pages, excluding references.
- Project time table.
- Budget and justification, and research partners if any.
- A 1-2 page CV
- Unofficial university transcripts
- Materials should be emailed to email@example.com. The last name of the applicant should start each filename. Both Microsoft Word documents and Adobe PDF files are acceptable.