NEW! FINAL MEETING PROGRAM FOR IN-PERSON SESSIONS NOW AVAILABLE!
The final meeting program and abstracts for the in-person sessions of the 2022 chapter meeting is now available! Please click here to view what we have planned for this weekend from Friday April 1 to Sunday April 3, 2022. Online registration is still available until Saturday April 2. See below for registration link.
NEW! ONLINE MEETING REGISTRATION IS OPEN!
On behalf of the Annual Meeting Committee we are pleased to announce that online registration for the 2022 chapter meeting is now open! One does not need to be a member of the SER MWGL Chapter register for this meeting. However, those who are members of the Midwest-Great Lakes (MWGL) SER Chapter will receive discounted registration prices. To begin registration click here
This will take you to a landing page and once on the landing page, then click the “Register” button. This will take you to a sign in page that will give one the option of either signing in with your SER user name and password (for SER MWGL Chapter members) OR registering as a guest by clicking the “continue as guest” button (for non-members).
Details on the three virtual sessions, the in-person plenary session, workshop, contributed poster and oral presentations, the meeting host field tour, offsite field trips, can be found here. Information on the established meeting policies are also provided here (code of conduct and COVID-19 safety protocols)
NEW! Extended Deadline for In-Person Oral and Poster Presentations:
We are extending the deadline for in-person contributed oral presentation abstracts and in-person contributed poster presentation abstracts until Monday March 14, 2022. Abstracts are to be submitted via email to email@example.com by attaching the word document with the formatted abstract to an email and using “MWGL SER 2022 Annual Meeting Abstract” as the subject header. Click herefor the call for abstracts and information on abstract submission and click here for examples of correctly formatted abstracts.
New! (3/12/2022) Continuing Education Credits for Annual Meeting attendance! Portions of the 13th Annual Meeting have been preapproved for continuing education credits (CECs) from the Society for Ecological Restoration (SER). Click here to learn more.
NEW! Reminder 3/10/2022 Deadline for Discounted Rates at Local Hotel for Meeting Attendees:
- For those of you are traveling from out of town we have secured a block of rooms at the Courtyard Willoughby (https://www.marriott.com/en-us/hotels/clewb-courtyard-cleveland-willoughby/overview/) with discounted rates of $139 plus tax for a room with a king or queen sized bed. The information on the block is below:
- Website for Block Reservation Discount Code: https://www.marriott.com/event-reservations/reservation-link.mi?id=1645043490836&key=GRP&app=resvlink
- Discount Code for Discounted Prices: SER2022
- Phone for Reservations: Call 440-530-1100 and provide SER 2022 as the group name and dates 3/31/2022 to 4/3/2022
- Deadline for Discounted Prices: March 10, 2022
Preliminary Meeting Schedule:
The Annual Meeting Committee is still working on finalizing the final meeting agenda. However, click here to view a preliminary meeting schedule for both our virtual and in-person components of our upcoming Annual Chapter meeting.
Meeting Host Field Tour:
Our meeting hosts Cleveland Metroparks have organized a field tour for the afternoon of Saturday April 2, 2022 to visit a historic upland forest and a recent stream restoration effort located in Cleveland Metropark’s North Chagrin Reservation. Click herefor more details on this field tour.
Offsite Field Trips:
Five offsite field trips are scheduled for Sunday April 3rd and range from a bus tour of restoration sites to an opportunity to perform hands on restoration work. Click herefor more details on these field trips.
THANK YOU TO OUR GENEROUS MEETING HOSTS AND SPONSORS!
- Meeting Host: Cleveland Metroparks
- Sharp-lobed Hepatica: Northeast Ohio Regional Sewer District
- Yellow Trout Lily:
- Rue Anemone:
- Prairie Trillium: Ecosystems Connections Institute; Holden Forests and Gardens; Western Reserve Land Conservancy
If you have questions related to our upcoming meeting then please contact Dr. Rocky Smiley (email firstname.lastname@example.org).