Thank you to everyone who took the time to provide feedback regarding SERWC2018. We hope you find this report useful, as it will guide the planning and organization of future Chapter events.
- 76.7% of attendees rated their OVERALL EXPERIENCE AS ABOVE AVERAGE TO EXCELLENT.
- 93.2% of attendees noted that the CONFERENCE MET OR EXCEEDED THEIR EXPECTATIONS.
- 93.3 % of individuals felt that the INFORMATION PRESENTED AT THE CONFERENCE WAS USEFUL.
- 91.1% of individuals found the NETWORKING OPPORTUNITIES AT THE CONFERENCE VALUABLE.
- 91.1% of individuals are LIKELY TO ATTEND ANOTHER EVENT hosted by the Society for Ecological Restoration – Western Canada.
Overall, individuals felt that SERWC2018 was a very well organized conference with an appropriate duration. Conference attendees saw this conference primarily as a networking opportunity, but were also interested in the
presentations and personal growth and development. Attendees found value in the plenary talks and concurrent sessions, but were unsatisfied with the Panel Discussion. Some of the most valuable things individuals took away
from this conference include:
- The interconnections between ecology and human sociology;
- The restoration community looks for positive solutions;
- There is a community of likeminded people out there working hard on restoration; I feel better supported;
- Ecological restoration is still a developing science and there are no “right answers” to the many complicated challenges we face. This can be difficult to communicate to clients and I needed the reassurance that this was the truth;
- That the SER community is so welcoming, positive, and inspirational! I definitely believe that I’ve chosen the right career path;
- SER’s unique and great culture. The organization takes a very hopeful view of our environment, and this came across in all the diverse personalities present.
To view the complete report, you can download the following PDF: