The Western Canada Chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration (SER-WC) is offering a scholarship to an Indigenous student studying in the field of ecological restoration for the academic year starting Fall 2024!
With support from SER’s Partnership Fund, this scholarship is intended to reduce the financial barriers to achieving success for restoration leaders, who are enrolled in education or training programs that support their goal of a career in field of ecological restoration.
- A resident of Western Canada*
- Be enrolled full-time in an education or training program at a recognized Western Canada college, university, or technical institute
- A self-identifying Indigenous person (including, but not limited to First Nations, Métis, Inuit)
- Be an active community leader and advocate
- Passionate and interested in ecological restoration
- A team player
*Western Canada for the purposes of SER-WC includes: BC, AB, SK, MB, YK and NWT
- $2000 financial award
- Complimentary membership to SER & SERWC for one year
- Attendance (virtual or in person) and presentation at SER-WC’s AGM
- One article or media submission published in the SERWC Newsletter
- One article or media submission published in the Restoration Showcase
- Participation in a guided mentorship program
How to Apply
- The application window will be open: details to come. Stay tuned.
- The application package consists of a form and a submission piece of the applicants choice. Suggested submission piece formats include: written text, essay, media, video, music, a combination of the above, or other
- Scholarship award will be delivered: details to come. Stay tuned.
If you’re ready to apply, please download and fill out this form: SER-WC ISS Application Form 2024. You can submit the form and your submission piece to firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions, please email email@example.com.