TRCA job opening for Project Manager, Habitat Restoration Projects closes July 14, 2015.
Summary of Function:
To plan, develop, secure approvals, and implement ecological restoration and management projects throughout the TRCA jurisdiction. Provide excellent technical expertise to internal and external clients. Occupational Health and Safety is a major responsibility of this position.
Summary of Major Tasks:
1. Design, manage, and implement habitat restoration projects, resource management programs and initiatives for the TRCA Restoration Projects Division.
2. Provide project management, including project design and work plan development, budget preparation, and cost control.
3. Develop and maintain effective liaison with other agencies, community groups, and the general public. Facilitate and coordinate stakeholder meetings, and public consultation.
4. Assist with the preparation of project proposals, partnership agreements, and other non-traditional sources of funding to assist in achieving Restoration projects objectives.
5. Analyze and interpret environmental information and prepare technical reports, communications, project approvals, and prepare management plans.
6. Hire, supervise, and evaluate the performance of full time staff, seasonal staff, contractors and consultants.
7. Coordinate the collection of terrestrial and aquatic information including, habitat assessments, resource inventories, natural heritage assessments, as well as fisheries, wildlife and environmental quality summaries.
8. Supervise the safe operation and maintenance of Restoration Services Equipment, including construction equipment and heavy machinery.
9. Facilitate meetings, public consultation, resolve issues, and conduct negotiations