Calendar of Events
- This event has passed.
2018 HAR Summer Field Tour
July 10, 2018 - July 11, 2018Free
The High Altitude Revegetation (HAR) group is at it again with their bi-annual summer tour. The 2-day field tour will visit several vegetative restoration sites in the northern Colorado Front Range affected by the 2013 floods on July 10thand 11th. The floods created unique sites and challenges for restoration efforts. This will be a once in a lifetime experience to be on sites not available for public access and to see challenges in revegetation that are a first occurrence in the history of the region. Discussion of the processes will be at restoration sites during the day, as well as in an evening panel discussion with Emergency Watershed Protection leadership and technical assistance team personnel that will be hosted by the Central Rockies chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration (CeRSER).
Due to fragile condition and/or limited accessibility of sites, field visits will be limited to 100 participants and all tour participants must ride on buses provided. There will not be any exceptions. Each day, buses will be departing from and returning to the South Parking Lot at the Boulder County Fairgrounds (Longmont, CO). Please use restroom facilities before coming to board the buses.
Please register for this FREE event to reserve your seat on a bus by filling out this form: https://goo.gl/forms/jzEcVoxr9Z3n3AOm2.
- We will begin handing out name tags to registered participants at 7:45 AM each day prior to boarding buses at 8 AM.
- Since the tours are full day trips, HAR will provide box lunches. You are welcome to indicate dietary restrictions on the registration form or bring your own sack lunch.
- Please bring your own water (reusable bottle, please) and snacks.
- Hotel arrangements, if needed, should be made on your own.
- For more information and schedule updates, please visit HAR’s new website: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/har/field-tours/
- Contact Donna Goodsell, donna.goodsell at co.usda.gov, 970-356-8097 x101 (HAR) or Jayne Jonas, jayne.jonas-bratten at colostate.edu, 970-491-3316 (CeRSER) with any additional questions.
For additional details and updates, please visit the 2018 HAR Summer Field Tour webpage: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/har/field-tours/
If you are unable to attend the Bus Tour during the day, feel free to join us for an evening Pub Talk hosted by CeRSER! On the evening of July 10, the Central Rockies chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration (CeRSER) will be hosting a pub talk to continue discussions of restoration activities at these sites with Emergency Watershed Protection leadership and technical assistance team personnel. The pub talk will be at the Oskar Blues Oak Room (1800 Pike Rd, Longmont, CO 80501) from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm. The pub talk is free and open to the public; registration is not required. CeRSER will provide appetizers and a cash bar will be available. For more information, please visit https://chapter.ser.org/centralrockies/event/pub-talk-in-longmont/
About HAR:If you are unfamiliar with HAR, it is an organization that provides information to people interested in the vegetation aspects in regards to our higher altitude lands including mined land, ski slopes, road building, revegetation, native plants, forests & rangelands, ecological restoration, or wetlands and we promote understanding of rehabilitation procedures and materials, natural resource values and potentials for fragile high-elevation ecosystems. For more information about HAR, please visit: https://sites.warnercnr.colostate.edu/har/