Call for Ideas
We invite you to contribute your ideas for workshops, symposia, field trips, and technical sessions for a major regional conference at the Valley River Inn, in Eugene, Oregon, February 8 to 11, 2021. The Northwest and Western Canada chapters of the Society for Ecological Restoration are co-hosting this conference. This conference provides an opportunity for scientists, practitioners, and decision makers to come together, learn from each other, and leave better equipped for their work.
The conference theme centers upon Adapting Restoration Practices to a Changing Climate. We invite proposals aligned with this theme, as well as proposals focused on other topics related to restoration throughout our membership regions. Impacts of climate change have been realized throughout the Pacific Northwest and western Canada, including declines in western red cedar, salmon and killer whale populations. We hope to showcase works highlighting innovative and creative approaches for the successful practice of restoration in the face of climate challenges.
- Workshops, symposia, and technical sessions could be 5-hour, 3-hour, day-long, or multi-day in duration.
- Field trips should be to locations within a 1 hour drive of Eugene, OR.
- The venue can accommodate groups of 12 to 240 people. We anticipate 300-450 attendees.
- We encourage proposals that feature multiple speakers and divergent viewpoint
- Creative means of engaging participants with hands-on exercises, technical tools, field trips, and break-out sessions are possible and encouraged.
While no specific time limits are set for individual presentations, please be mindful conference organizers will schedule specific start and end times and breaks to accommodate concurrent sessions and catering. Organizers will also select the ultimate room size based on registrations.
Please submit your responses to our Call for Ideas before May 31, 2020 to the following email address:
Decisions on workshops, symposia, and technical sessions will be made in summer 2020. A subsequent general call for papers and posters will follow by September 2020 along with registration information.
We look forward to hearing your ideas. Thank you!
2021 Conference Organizers
Thank you for your interest in the SERNW/SERWC Eugene 2021 Conference. Please continue to check back to this webpage in the coming weeks for updates and details on the conference’s events.