Conference Details – Please Scroll Down
**We regularly update this page, please check back for more details.**
[If you don’t see the information you are looking for below, please e-mail Gwen Thomas, TXSER Chapter Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.]
Conference Schedule – Schedule TXSER 2015 Conference
Conference Session – Journal Review Groups: Why Is Your Work Area Not Doing This?
- Kevin Thuesen of the City of Austin, Wildlife Conservation Division will be leading a restoration ecology journal article discussion group at the conference. For those who wish to attend his session and obtain the article in advance, click on this link – Committing to Ecological Restoration by Katharine Suding et al.
Early Arrivals/Late Departures – Informal Gatherings, 6:30pm
Arriving Thursday, November 12th? Or, staying in San Antonio through Sunday night, November 15th? Meet other conference participants arriving early and departing late for dinner and drinks.
- Thursday Early Arrival – The Patio at the Bombay Bicycle Club, 3506 North St. Marys Street, at 6:30 pm. The Bombay Bicycle Club is only 2.8 miles from the Wyndham Garden Riverwalk Hotel. http://www.bombaybicycleclubsa.com/
- Sunday Late Departure – The Cove at 606 West Cypress Street, San Antonio, at 6:30 pm. The Cove is only 1.5 miles from the Wyndham Garden Riverwalk Hotel. http://www.thecove.us/.
Excellence in Ecological Restoration Award 2015, Saturday Night
Friday Field Trip Details – 4 Trips – November 13th
Friday Kick-Off Dinner – Bourbon St. Seafood Kitchen – Friday, Nov. 13th at 6:30pm
- Join TXSER Board of Directors, members and other conference participants for a taste of New Orleans in San Antonio. Dinner to be held on the Riverwalk Patio of the Wyndham Garden Riverwalk Hotel at 103 9th Street, San Antonio. Dinner is included with conference registration. Free on-street parking as well as $5 valet event parking at the hotel.
Hotels and Lodging in San Antonio – Room blocks reserved at the Wyndham and the Sheraton.
- Wyndham Garden Riverwalk – Museum Reach, (River Walk Area) – 103 9th Street, San Antonio, Reserv: 210-515-4555. Please note: rooms are held at our group rate of $115+ tax through October 29th. Free on-street parking or valet. Pet friendly (1 pet up to 40 lbs.)
- Four Points by Sheraton, (Airport Area) – 8818 Jones Maltsberger Road, San Antonio. Please note: rooms at our group rate of $79+ tax through October 13th. Free parking.
- Other San Antonio Area Hotels & Camping: http://visitsanantonio.com/english/Browse-Book/Lodging
Plant Identification Competition 2015, Intercollegiate & Professional
- Plant ID Competition – Invitation to Participate
- Plant ID Competition – Contest Rules
- Plant ID Competition – Plant List
Posters and Cocktails 2015, Saturday Evening
Student Presentation & Poster Awards 2015, Guidelines
San Antonio – Around Town – Information
San Antonio Maps – City, River Walk, Historic Districts, Missions, Bike Routes…