UPDATE: The Québec RE3 Conference is officially cancelled; however, SER2021 will continue in a completely virtual format (see website for more details www.ser2021.org).
Mark your calendar!
Québec RE3 Conference will be held in Québec City from June 7 – 11th, 2020.
At the dawn of the UN Decade of Ecosystem Restoration (2021-2030), it is a great timing for this joint conference between the Canadian Land Reclamation Association (CLRA), the Society for Ecological Restoration (SER) and the Society of Wetland Scientists (SWS). Furthermore, our conference will follow the 50th Anniversary of Earth Day.
The proposed theme of the conference for 2020 is “From Reclaiming to Restoring and Rewilding”. It aims to stimulate discussions about the range of environmental management approaches advocated by the three hosting societies. Reclaiming is recognized and practiced by many industries, including mining and petrol extraction. Restoring is recognized most broadly around the world, and has been the main focus of SER. Rewilding, or bringing back to nature, allows us to dream. These terms also imply ideas of industry, science, practice, society and imagination. They run from the practical to the creative.
- Venue: Québec City Convention Centre, Québec City, Canada
- Conference dates: June 7-11, 2020
- 4 keynote speakers confirmed worldly recognized experts in reclamation, restoration and rewilding
- 23 field trips confirmed
IMPORTANT DATES AND DEADLINES
- Registration and call for abstracts starts: November 1, 2019
- Abstract submission deadline: January 30, 2020
- Abstract acceptance notice: March 1, 2020
- Early bird and presenting author registration deadlines: March 15, 2020
Hoping to see you there!
The Organizing Committee