We are currently accepting applications for the 2021 Laderman Student Grant, awarding grants of up to $1,500 per applicant to support studies for emerging professionals (i.e. students and early career professionals) in the field of ecological restoration.
Click here to apply.
Up to $1,500 (max of one award per applicant).
To be considered, applicants must:
- Be currently enrolled in an undergraduate or graduate program or have graduated after March 25, 2019.
- Propose work related to ecological restoration that will either:
- Be conducted while enrolled as a student, or…
- Complete research that was largely conducted previously as part of the applicant’s undergraduate or graduate studies. The link between the proposed work and student research must be clear.
- Propose work to be completed by August 30, 2022.
- Be currently involved in the study of ecological restoration.
- Not be a previous recipient of the Laderman student grant.
- Submit a complete application at the link provided below, with complete answers that enable an informed selection decision.
- Request funds that support research or scholarship related to ecological restoration within the geographical limits of the SER-NE chapter (CT, MA, ME, NH, NY, RI, VT).
- Request funds for research or scholarship expenses such as travel, equipment, living expenses, or tuition.
Grant application evaluation:
Eligible applications will be evaluated according to the following criteria: (1) Scholarly Merit, (2) Feasibility, (3) Need of funds by the applicant, (4) Commitment to improving Diversity, Equity and Inclusion of Under-Represented Groups, and (5) Contribution to the Field of Ecological Restoration. The scoring rubric is available here. Applicants are strongly encouraged to review the rubric prior to developing their application.
Obligations of grant recipients:
Grant recipients are required to convey the findings of their studies to the SER-NE community via presentation, web conference, podcast interview, written report, blog/website post, or other approved method by December 30, 2022.
Applications must be submitted by 11:59 PM, April 9, 2021, using the application form. Awards will be announced by April 30, 2021, and funds will be provided in time for research in the summer of 2021.
If you have questions regarding this grant, contact Derrick Alcott at email@example.com.
Past Grant Winners