The mission of the Chapter is to foster the integration of science, planning, education, and regulation in restoration efforts in the New England region.
The purposes of the Chapter are:
- To encourage practice and research in all areas related to ecosystem restoration.
- To disseminate scientific and technical information related to ecosystem restoration through meetings and publications to the members of the Chapter, to public and private institutions, and to the general public.
- To assist the Society in the development of technical and ethical guidelines for ecosystem restoration.
- To conduct programs of public education to raise awareness, interest, and understanding of the values and limitations of ecosystem restoration.
- To articulate and advance the Chapter’s positions on public policy regarding ecosystem restoration.
- To advise public agencies regarding the improvement of ecosystem restoration standards and criteria.
- To encourage the fellowship of restorationists based on shared knowledge, dedication, friendship, and mutual professionalism within the region.
- To co-sponsor workshops, symposia, and conferences with other like-minded professional societies.
- To foster the establishment of student interest groups at universities and colleges in the Chapter’s service area.
To become a member of the New England Chapter of the Society for Ecological Restoration visit the SER homepage or visit this link, http://www.ser.org/membership.