A big thank you to all of our presenters, sponsors, organizers, and participants for an excellent conference! See you in 2016 for our next New England Chapter Conference!
The Society for Ecological Restoration-New England Chapter and the Conway School-Master of Science in Ecological Design Program are pleased to announce a joint conference this spring. The conference will include oral presentations from researchers and practitioners, a poster session, and field trips to restoration sites.
DESIGNING FOR SUCCESS: Ecological Restoration in Times of Change – April 25 and 26, 2014 – Hampshire College, Amherst, Mass
Registration is now closed.
Conference check-in (8 – 9 am) and all the presentations will be at:
• Keith Bowers, President, Biohabitats (pictured)
ADDITIONAL INVITED SPEAKERS
• Jonathan Lash, President, Hampshire College
• Wendi Goldsmith, CEO, Bioengineering Group
• Doug Thompson, Professor, Connecticut College, Director, Goodwin-Niering Center for the Environment, and author
At this conference, we will discuss many aspects of ecological restoration in times of change, with the general theme of designing for success, including a broad range of ecological restoration projects from small isolated sites to broad regional landscapes.
• Coastal restoration & management
• Human ecology & ecosystem services
• River restoration
• Freshwater wetland restoration
• Native, invasive, and rare plants
• Field trips to a restoration sites with prescribed burning, dam removal, and riverbank stabilization
• and more!
For details of the conference agenda, follow the pull-down menus or these links:
Don’t miss this important conference for professionals, researchers, students, and others interested in restoration!
Interested in getting involved with this conference? Please contact Tom Touchet at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Would you like to be a sponsor or exhibitor? Please see our Sponsorship page. Click here.
Are you a student interested in participating? There are many opportunities for students to participate. Click here.
The abstract submission period has ended.
SPECIAL EVENT SPONSOR